This course takes a hands-on approach to Firebase Cloud Functions where we build seven different microservices, each demonstrating a fundamental concept of the platform. Here’s a quick summary of the topics you will learn.
- Serverless Computing Basics
- HTTP and ExpressJS
- Event-driven Background Functions
- Firestore Functions
- Storage Buckets and the Functions Filesystem
- Working with Google APIs
- Callable Functions and Authentication
- Working with 3rd party APIs like Twilio to send SMS Text messages
- By the end of this course you will have the foundation necessary to build virtually any Back-End feature into your Firebase app.
Brand New to Firebase? If you’ve never used Firebase, start by working with the frontend SDKs before attempting Cloud Functions. The video below is a great way to get started: