The Firestore Data Modeling Course provides a foundation for modeling data relationships in NoSQL, while optimizing queries for performance, cost, and complexity. Determining the optimal data model in Cloud Firestore is not an easy task because you need to anticipate your app’s UI/UX requirements in advance. Failure to consider the tradeoffs between various data models could lead to poor app performance and/or unnecessary cloud computing expenses. The goal of this course is to teach you the concepts necessary to make good decisions related to data modeling that minimize costs and maximize read performance.
- Core Concepts in Firestore.
- Comparisons to SQL data modeling.
- Advanced methods for reading and querying data.
- Relational data modeling concepts like one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many.
- How to avoid common pitfalls and anti-patterns.
- Examples of data models for common real-world app features.